9.10.2010

and it felt good to follow an ever changing path that never changed my mood

I was going to write something here about something, but interestingly enough that something came and changed what I was going to write about into something else.  And the format as well went from something to nothing, a loosely linked collaboration of words working together to express some idea that isn't thought out.  Let's journey together. 

Are the emotions meaning giving?  If so what role does Contingency play in giving meaning?  Let's say that I'm feeling one way one moment and in the next something has happened to make me feel differently, that gives new meaning to the rest of the day, that colors my mood and the world around me.  Suddenly something that might have had no meaning gains a weight that it shouldn't(?) have. 

So where do I focus this point of attack?  On emotion or Contingency?  It would seem that focusing on one or the other is a turning away from their combination.  Often times I find myself ruminating on Contingency and I wonder if this is a distancing?  An effort to push aside the emotions that the contingent brought forth or cut down.  An effort to extract Being from meaning, a refusal of the everydayness of Being.  What are the value of our ideals and ideas?  What is the idea without emotion, without meaning? 

Certainly ideas are not created in a vacuum of emotion, the idea brings forth and springs from moods and emotions, our environment, our Situation.  After all we are not mechanical thinking machines.  And here, this thought pathway was cut not with the dull blade of logic, but rather the searing moment of the Contingent.  But how do I feel?  What is the meaning?  Is it impossible to assign meaning without feeling?  Is it possible to maintain feeling past the contingent?  How could that be?  How can I hold on to a feeling though the world changes around me?  Is not this the same as holding on to the ever changing and sacrificing the emotion?  What is the meaning involved in always being happy?  What is the meaning involved in witnessing the delicate hanging together of life's precious permanence? 

Is meaning the contradiction that holds together two sides of nothingness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails