6.25.2009

i walked down the sidewalk of brick built buildings, and there was nothing but the heat of the sun on my shoulders. no one walked past me and no one passed me. a cigarette hung between my teeth and my breathing kept the step of it. i wandered down roads i had ridden down on a bike too small for my age even when i bought it. left and right at the end. trees to the otherside and behind me as well. left and to the right. boston house of pizza. bhop. in the direction that i wanted to go. bus number 86, there are people who live there still. a uhaul van once parked here. once it was impossible to find a parking space and a jeep parked on top of a snowbank. once i was 23 or 24. once i was young and living in the city. once i lived on the coast but now i'm middling at the most. once i was young with a toy room full of fun. now shelves limit the mess i've made. it's not a sadness because it works. it's not anything but a comparison realization of the then and now and never more.
do do do dee do do
And the colored girls go
Doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails