2.26.2009

ensared in protection.

protection. i wanted to write something here about protection. about how living is protecting yourself, and how there can be too much protection, too much shielding, hiding away, putting up barriers. i saw a hawk sitting at the top of a tree, protected, able to fly away, and yet we've caught hawks before, all sorts of birds and animals. humans can capture even the most protected and hidden.
is the way to go then revelation? to reveal all, to open one's self to revelation? because no matter how much i protect myself i feel more and more trapped by that from which i hide.
protection makes me silent.
silence is a distance i usually find it difficult to leap over.
when i think i have nothing to say, it's because i'm afraid of what i have to say.
to turn inward with fear and to face that from which i protect myself is my greatest challenge.
it is not the outside humans that catch me, but the net of my own making.
ensared in protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails